Date: 3/20/17 5:22 am
From: Peter <psaracin...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Migration Video and question
Folks.......I have a spring migration question and wonder if anyone out
there can help. I understand that the lengthening days ignites hormonal
restlessness" - an "itch" to begin their respective journeys north. But
how does this mechanism work with respect to neo-tropical warblers?
After all, for those spending their "winters" in northern So. America
the days will be shortening!!! The "photoperiod" will be decreasing.

What, then, is the trigger to get them on the move and heading northward?
Thanks for the help.

Pete Saracino

ARCHIVES:

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/