Date: 3/19/17 8:02 pm
From: David Wade <davespeedbump...>
Subject: [cobirds] Re: Pacific Wren at Grey Rock Trail, Larimer County
Greetings birders,

On Saturday Nick Komar, Austin Hess and I joined forces to search for the
Pacific Wren that Francis had found earlier in the week. After several
hours of enjoyable searching, where we heard several Canyon Wrens sounding
their cascading call and found at least 3 American Three-toed Woodpeckers,
our team finally located the elusive little bugger! We were strung out on
the trail heading down when Nick and Austin heard a sharp "csik csik"
coming from the small creek down below the trail. I never heard it but
fortunately, I was in the best position to get close to the stream and did
so, close to where Austin thought it might be. After a few minutes Nick
finally spotted it and I was able to capture some good pictures of it... go
team!

For those interested in searching, concentrate on the small creek that
flanks the Summit Trail on the right as you climb up towards Greyrock. The
trail crosses this small stream twice, lower on the trail and in the place
Francis described. I would recommend searching this section of the creek.
We found it downstream of the area Francis described. Thanks and Good luck,

David Wade
Ft Collins, CO