Date: 3/19/17 6:15 pm
From: Andrew Burnett <aburnett9180...>
Subject: Williamson's​ Sapsucker
Henry Armknecht was nice enough to show my family and I the area where the
sapsucker had been seen. Sure enough as soon as we approached the area the
bird showed itself. Good looks were had by all. Upon watching the bird at
a distance it flew towards us and landed in a tree about 50 ft away. A
great experience. We did not pursue it as to hopefully keep it comfortable
in it's surroundings for future viewing. I'd encourage others to do the
same. The sighting occurred at 4:15 Sunday afternoon.

Andrew Burnett
Rural Erie KS

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to