Date: 3/19/17 6:00 pm
From: Jean Myers <dosriosjean...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Possible Chat
Hi all:

This morning at 10:45am, there was what sounded like a yellow-breasted chat singing in the creek area near our property in some heavy vegetation. Since one of my weaknesses is birding by sound, I played my iPhone BirdTunes and listened again. In a moment, the bird started up again - and I swear it was a chat. I did this two more times to insure no mistakes. The bird sand off and on for about 10 minutes and I moved along. The only possible issue is that there was quite a distance between myself and the bird (100+ yards), as well as a creek (more like a small river right now) and a busy road. So I will go out again tomorrow and check to see if I can find it to confirm - perhaps getting closer to the bird. Happy birding!

Jean Myers
near Gilroy - close to Watsonville Road and Redwood Retreat Road

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)