Date: 3/19/17 3:54 pm
From: Jeff Hansen <jeff.hansen.sd...>
Subject: Suet Log Feeder
I got a new "Trail Camera" from Bushnell and it takes very nice

pictures. I decided to aim it at the suet log feeder last month. Check
out the variety of birds that come to eat at it. I especially like
seeing the brown creepers.

https://youtu.be/e3MscERJUKo

In my opinion the best way to attract suet eating birds is to make your
own suet and serve it in a suet log feeder. The suet log feeder has 1"
diameter holes drilled part way through. The suet is stuffed in the
holes. Birds attracted to this suet include the following birds shown in
the video: northern flicker, downy woodpecker, red-bellied woodpecker,
dark-eyed junco, brown creeper, white-breasted nuthatch, yellow-rumped
warbler, black-capped chickadee, Carolina wren, European starling and
house sparrow.

Recipe for homemade suet:
http://www.kansasnativeplants.com/yard_birds_suet.php

--