Date: 3/19/17 2:56 pm
From: Alice Horst <ahorst...>
Subject: [BRDBRAIN] Sumter County - Great horned Owl chick in nest on private property
This Sumter County nest/Owl are on private property.

First picture looks like a furry puppy in tree. Owlet is actually lying down across nest.
Then little guy sat up and I got a few pictures. Then, an adult who was watching from afar, flew into a nearby tree to watch the chick. No more pictures.
Time to go as I don’t like to upset an adult Great horned Owl!

Chick lying down in nest

Chick sits up to watch us watching him.

“Where’s Mommy?"

Every day is a GREAT day to go birding!