Date: 3/19/17 2:34 pm
From: Leslie Sours <lmsours...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] Common Loons at Deer Creek SP--Pickaway County
Others have reported large numbers of Common Loons today. We found 8 at Deer Creek, mostly in breeding plumage. This was flagged as a high count at this location by eBird. Three began simultaneously yodeling for a few minutes, which is always a thrill. We also tallied 19 Horned Grebes together in one flotilla, 9 American Pipits, 1 Lesser Yellowlegs, 3 Greater Yellowlegs, and 8 Bonaparte’s Gulls.