Date: 3/19/17 1:42 pm
From: Nicholas Komar <quetzal65...>
Subject: [cobirds] Possible Gilded Flicker, Fort Collins
I photographed a Flicker last Wednesday evening at the feeder behind the discovery museum in Fort Collins that seems to have traits of Gilded flicker. Whether this turns out to be Colorado's first Gilded Flicker, normally a resident of riparian habitat and desert in Arizona, or not remains to be seen. Elements in the tail, the back and wings and head suggested Gilded Flicker although the head pattern is somewhat confusing. It might be a hybrid between Gilded and red shafted flicker but even in that case I think it's mostly gilded. Here's a photo.

Sent from my iPhone

Nick Komar
Fort Collins CO