Date: 3/19/17 12:13 pm
From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Green Herons-Crystal Springs Rhododendron Gardens(SE Portland)
2 GREEN HERONS were on the far side of the lake, opposite the north end of
the boardwalk, around 3:30pm Sat 3/18. For me this is the most reliable place in
Oregon for Green Herons in winter. This year I averaged a visit per week starting
Nov 1, but saw none until today. They had just flown west from their usual haunts
in the lagoon east of the boardwalk, the only shoreline that has heavy overhanging
bushes. An adult Bald Eagle flew out of the tall trees on the North Penninsula and
landed on a Sequoia on the golf course about the same time the herons appeared.
The usual excellent mix of duck species, with GADWALL the most abundant.
LarsPOST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!