Date: 3/19/17 11:20 am
From: Antonio, Robert J. <anto...>
Subject: Sunday Morning: Burcham
It was a very nice early Sunday morning along the Kaw. I walked for a couple of hours and identified 31 species. A few were

Snow Goose - a single bird standing near the riverbank in a grassy area in the south side of the park
Bald Eagle - immature near the Mass Street Bridge
Carolina Wren - 10 calling
Eastern Phoebe - 4 - 2 calling (one was singing near my hose this morning as well); 2 were in usual breeding areas

White-throated Sparrow - 1
Fox Sparrow - 2 - one was singing in a bushy tangle near the north stream
Song Sparrow - 8 - lots of song
Swamp Sparrow - 1

Yellow-rump Warbler - 9 in dull winter plumage & just chips

It was just nice to be out - lots of usual suspect song M Doves, Chickadees, Titmice, House Finches, RB Woodpeckers, Cardinals, WB Nuthatches, & especially C Wrens. Spring approaches.

Bob Antonio
Lawrence

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to