Date: 3/19/17 9:52 am
From: John and Fritzie Blizzard <job121830...>
Subject: Re:[cayugabirds-l] dead cardinals
Another thought ..... Male cardinals defending their territory, esp.
at mating, pre-mating season, could have been chasing each other when
they hit the windows. That, or older males chasing away younger males.

Fritzie

Union Springs

On 3/19/2017 7:27 AM, Gerry Rising wrote:
Mary Jane, I suspect windows. A few years a go I had a call about two
birds found together on a patio at this time of year. They were fox
sparrows, both in near perfect condition. Especially when birds can see
light coming though from other windows they think that they can fly
through. And your decals won't help with that. Sad to lose birds this
way. Good that you keep your cats indoors. Gerry

ARCHIVES:

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/