Date: 3/19/17 5:23 am
From: <sffaulkner...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Northern Saw-whet Owl sound diversity
Hi Tim -- this email to you was meant to be sent just after New Year's and got stuck in my out box - sorry!

THANK YOU!!! I've been hearing the first sound on your first recording many times in recent months and simply could not figure out what it was. I'd suspected saw-whets but it didn't match Cornell's recordings so I was still looking. I'd even discussed them with our Nature Center director and was going to try to get a recording, but they are infrequent. But that is JUST what I've been hearing!!!

And, best of all, it was my first bird of the year, before dawn on New Year's Day. Terrific start to the year.

Sarah Faulkner
Collinsville