Date: 3/19/17 12:17 am
From: Tom Crabtree <tc...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Linn County Gyrfalcon continues
Here’s a link to my Ebird list for the Twin Buttes Road area which includes some of the shots I got of the Gyrfalcon today. They aren’t Rich Adney quality, but they are identifiable. The bird was on a fence post when I first saw it. Actually it was on a fence post every time I saw it except when it was in flight. It surprised me when I first saw it about 20 feet off the road. It took off when I was within 100 feet of it. If I had my camera ready I could have gotten some good shots of it paralleling the car. As Jeff said it headed SW from Brandon to Twin Buttes where it used 3 fence posts before it vanished into to ether. Cool bird – I’m amazed it has stuck around so long. Interestingly Ebird shows only two April records for Gyrfalcon in Oregon, one from the Tangent Sewage Ponds and the other, two years ago on Hwy 99E, immediately south of Halsey. Hmm. . . .

Tom Crabtree, Bend

Join us on Facebook!