Date: 3/18/17 7:06 pm
From: mike rader <mike_rader...>
Subject: Williamson's Sapsucker
Hi all,

I had a note from Malcolm Gold about the sapsucker they found in Otoe Park this afternoon, but was dog-sitting and didn't know if I would make it out today. I called Dave Klema to let him know and he went out and found it after some effort. I decided to load up the dogs and go get it for a year bird, so I met Dave late this afternoon to try to find it. He had seen it a few minutes before I arrived, and suspected the general area where it might still be. It took between 5-10 minutes and I was looking at another Williamson's Sapsucker in the same location Dave and I had last seen one back in 2009 - pretty cool for sure and a great find by Malcolm and the others earlier in the day. I was happy to hear that their group and some others were still having luck finding the Golden-crowned Sparrow south of Blackwolf in Ellsworth Co. as well.

Mike Rader
Wilson and/or Pratt,??KS

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to