Date: 3/18/17 6:38 pm
From: Jared Del Rosso <jared.delrosso...>
Subject: [cobirds] Continuing Ross's Goose & Others - Greenwood Village (Arapahoe)
After a sunrise walk at Marjorie Perry Nature Preserve (Virginia Rail,
Ruby-crowned Kinglet, & Western Meadowlark were the most notable birds), I
made a quick stop at West Middle School (S. Holly St & E. Belleview) in
Greenwood Village (Arapahoe Co.) to check on the Ross's Goose, which was
still grazing in the baseball fields and near the track along with Cackling
& Canada Geese. It's been doing that at the school since at least February
23.

Afterward, I walked Westlands Park (also Greenwood Village) to see if I
could turn up the sapsucker that Chris Blakeslee reported yesterday flying
out of his yard and in the general direction of the park. I didn't find it.
A pair of Killdeer, my first at Westlands, were calling and flying over the
largest pond at the park.

Back home, the local pair of Red-tails flew together over my Centennial
yard, calling madly at each other. Later, on an afternoon trip to the
grocery store, I spotted a Common Raven at the Streets of Southglenn
shopping center (University & Arapahoe in Centennial). This expansive
outdoor mall is, in my limited experience in the area, the best spot to
find ravens in west Centennial.

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO