Date: 3/18/17 4:36 pm
From: Dave Leibert <xdave...>
Subject: Peregrine . East Allen township, Northampton County
Howdy All,

While driving North on Township Line road a large peregrine falcon flew
at treetop level in front my car. This bird flew from the West and then
landed in a tree a few hundreds yards behind the white barn . When I was
able to turn around and put the binocs up it flew away to the North
without me getting a better look.

It had the fast wing beat and overall hyper demeanor. I could not guess
its age as it looked uniform grayish in the late afternoon overcast
light. I was impressed by its size, speed and chunkiness.

There were still horned larks present here and a soggy kestrel on a wire
by the Moo Palace. Horned larks were also present on Arrowhead road.

Happy birding.

Join us on Facebook!