Date: 3/18/17 4:26 pm
From: Steve Thiessen <stevethiessen...>
Subject: [wisb] Sheboygan to Virmond Park

Nolan Pope and I headed up to see the cool ducks ,at Sheboygan. The Barrow's Goldeneye, Harlequin Ducks and the one Long-tailed duck were all right near the parking area. Really great views. Kind of nice to check out the Lesser Scaup and Greater Scaups differences in the bills, at such a close view.
There was an adult (or near adult) and a 1st winter Great Black-backed Gulls on the north breakwater. Lots of ducks in the harbor and river, but the only different ones were Redheads.
As we headed south we stopped twice before Kolher-Andre. not much. Kolher-Andre SP was really slow. I didn't even see a goldeneye, just 2 Mallards, a few Red-breasted Mergansers and 3 Greater Scaup flew by.
At the end of Cty D (Harrington Beach) distant ducks, of which we couldn't find any scoters. The closest bird was a Red-throated Loon, that Nolan spotted.
We walked in to where Calvin was still counting birds. Calvin spotted another R-t Loon flying by. We had a couple wigeon and a couple pintails go by. Along the horizon, I saw 3 different male(?) Long-tailed ducks.
At the Coal Dock Park, in Port Washington, we could see 7 Red-throated Loons ,just outside the breakwalls. Thanks ,Tom Wood, for the report of these.
We also got to see the pair of Peregrines, do pigeon control, out over the lake.
At our last stop ,Virmond Park, we still couldn't find a scoter. We did see 2 distant adult Great Black-backed Gulls and a Glaucous Gull.
Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co.