Date: 3/18/17 3:28 pm
From: Steve Mullen <worse.than.costanza...>
Subject: [wisb] Sheboygan County birds today
Hello, Me & Cone made a swing thru Sheboygan Co. today. Highlights were as
follows.
Southwest of Oostburg on Risseuw Rd. we whiffed on the Cinn. Teal hybrid
from 10 a.m. to Noon.
We saw a Trump Swan, many Tundra's, a GWF Goose, 8 Pintails, some beautiful
Am. Wigeons, Redheads, Scaups,& a Green Winged Teal at that location. It is
best viewed from the north/south running Co. Rd. KW although it is certain
death to park on that road for any length of time.
We saw one Snow Bunting, a few Horned Larks, and a good sized flock of
Lapland Longspurs at the intersection of Risseuw Rd. & Rauwerdink Rds.
(which is just west of the Teal spot).
At North Point Park on the north side of downtown Sheboygan we got great
looks at the BARROW'S GOLDENEYE, as well as the 2 female Harlequin Ducks.
We had 2 White Winged Scoters swim thru while we were there also. All
within 8X bin range, so a very good stop today & with a west wind to boot.
Steve Mullen, Oshkosh