Date: 3/18/17 3:05 pm
From: Alice Horst <ahorst...>
Subject: [BRDBRAIN] Sumter County Great horned Owl's nest with chicks
When I check the Sumter County Bald Eagle’s nest I am always looking for GHOWs because I have seem them in that area in the past couple of years.
Some residents, whom I have seen many times, stopped to tell me they had an Owl’s nest in their yard. I had suggested that they might have a nest because of the huge Oak trees behind their house.
Well, they found the nest and were so excited to tell me. I followed them back to their house and we sat on the back patio for a while and watched. The chicks are pretty small.
I took a couple of pictures and was told I could come back again for more pictures.
Unfortunately the nest is on private property.

I can’t tell how many Owlets are in this nest.

Every day is a GREAT day to go birding!
Alice Horst, Marion County, FL
<ahorst...>
please visit us on the web at: