Date: 3/18/17 3:08 pm
From: Steve Huggins <sjhuggins1209...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Palos / Calumet Area - Sat 3/18/19
Carl Giometti and myself birded a bunch of locations this morning and although it was generally pretty birdy with lots of birds (mainly waterfowl) at each location we really didn’t find any stand-out birds.

We started at Little Red Schoolhouse in Palos; here a male and 3 female Purple Finch were a year bird for both of us. Is there a better site in the state for these guys? Moving on we hit Saganashskee Slough where there were tons of mergansers to search through and an adult and immature Bald Eagle, onto Orland Grasslands South where Wilson’s Snipe, Blue-winged Teal and one lonely Savannah Sparrow were the better birds. Heading East we called in at Burnham Prairie which was pretty quiet but there were another 2 male Blue-winged Teal, a brief stop at Wolf Lake had us searching through the large raft of Redhead and Lesser Scaup and our only Wigeons of the day. Finished off at Eggers Woods where the woods were quiet but the pool was loaded with Ring-necked Ducks.

Full list of each location can be viewed here:
http://www.igoterra.com/rs.asp?userid=283&d=2017-03-18

Cheers
Steve Huggins
Chicago, IL
http://www.pbase.com/sjhuggins

Posted by: Steve Huggins <sjhuggins1209...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)