Date: 3/18/17 2:15 pm
From: Chad Kauffman <chadkauffman...>
Subject: Perry County waterfowl
hello all

today I birded from juniata county at Thompsontown hitting rivers spots
to the newport bridge, then to little buffalo.

There wasn't a ton of stuff, but saw many waterfowl in sections.

below where Hawks use to be to above the Newport River bridge, there
were approx 200 tundra swans, a handful of Hooded Mergs, Wood Ducks,
Common Mergs, American Wigeon, Northern Pintail and Mallard to go along
with Canada Geese.

at Little Buffalo, 80% is open, I saw a few American Wigeon, single
Bufflehead, single male Common Merg, few Mallard. Other highlights were
a calling Red Shouldered Hawk and the drive to the dam and back had lots
of songbirds along the roads and in the trees. Several Fox Sparrow,
calling Yellow Breasted Sapsucker and active sparrows gave me lots to
look at.

Chad Kauffman, Mifflintown, PA

--
***Check us out on facebook -