Date: 3/18/17 1:11 pm
From: Dennis Vroman <dpvroman...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Dipper Question
Although this is not a scientifically based research project, when trying for 100 species in Josephine Co in the month of January (managed to find 103) I can normally find a Dipper along the Rogue or Applegate Rivers. However, this year with all the rain the river levels were really high and the water was pretty muddy. When I check the locations I normally have found Dippers along these rivers, none were located. None were found at the mouth of streams entering these rivers either. I had to go up the Caves Highway (road to Oregon Caves) about 16 miles to find one along Sucker Creek (near Grayback USFS campground), which had a relatively normal flow level for winter (water was clear). The second place I check, there was a Dipper.

Dennis