Date: 3/18/17 12:37 pm
From: Bill Tice <ticebill7...>
Subject: [obol] Dipper Question
Hi All,
With all the rain we have had this year, the rivers are continually
swollen, and I have not yet seen a dipper where I would normally see them.
It has been my understanding that when the rivers are high, they go
higher up where the water is clearer to feed, returning when levels have
decreased. The other day I was birding with someone who thought the
opposite - that the excess water pushed them down river. I don't remember
seeing dippers anywhere where the water was slow flowing. Anyone actually
know that dippers do when the water is high?

--
Bill Tice

Birding: The best excuse for getting outdoors, and, for avoiding chores

Join us on Facebook!