Date: 3/18/17 10:50 am
From: 'Hugh Kingery' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Summit, Douglas
We spent the last 3 days in Summit County -- no robins, but 10-20 Evening Grosbeaks -- a species we don't see mentioned on Cobirds very often. Otherwise, the typical Summit birds including what once seemed atypical -- several flocks of Pygmy Nuthatches. A grand total of 19 species seen on 5 walks on beautiful sunny days -- walks on top of the snow.

This morning, back at home, our daughter Anne spotted two Western Bluebirds inspecting a nest box. Although a scrub-jay scared them away, we still hear them clucking somewhere nearby. Close to 19 species right here today. . . .

Hugh Kingery
Franktown, CO