Date: 3/18/17 8:19 am
From: Garrett Lau <Garrett.Lau...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Golden Eagles at Rancho San Antonio
I spent a couple of hours on the Hill Trail at Rancho San Antonio
yesterday (March 17), looking for the Golden-crowned Kinglet that
Kristen Holmquist reported the previous day. I think I found the tree
she described, as an ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER was constantly calling
from it, but I did not find the kinglet. I did see a PURPLE FINCH in
that tree. Several VIOLET-GREEN SWALLOWS perched on that tree, too.

On a tree a bit lower down the trail, there were a lot birds,
including a HOUSE WREN.

I saw six BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHERS along the trail, four near the bottom
of the trail, and two near the top.

When I was leaving, at the bottom of the trail, I saw a GOLDEN EAGLE
on the ground. When I looked up, I saw another Golden Eagle being
chased by three different raptors: RED-TAILED HAWK, COOPER'S HAWK, and
WHITE-TAILED KITE. After they passed, the first Golden Eagle flew up,
very close to me. I have a photo here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/garrettlau/33462906646

After the eagles left, the White-tailed Kite chased away a RED-SHOULDERED HAWK.

Garrett Lau

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: