Date: 3/18/17 6:42 am
From: Rob Sparks <robsparks...>
Subject: [cobirds] Harris's Sparrow/McMurry Nat. Area/Larimer
Yesterday evening I went out to try and re-find the Red-shouldered Hawk
with no luck.

While walking around the small wetland we got good looks at a 1st winter
Harris's Sparrow perched in what seemed to be a hawthorn. This bird had
whitish tertial feathers along the edge, light bill and a white belly along
with a thin necklace. It was feeding on some unidentified insects on the
new hawthorn buds.

Good birding,
Rob Sparks
Old Town Fort Collins