Date: 3/17/17 10:10 pm
From: Bill Bradford <billbradford1...>
Subject: [obol] Mystery Hawk, Stanfield Meadows Rd (Umatilla Co.)
We ran across a very pretty hawk near Stanfield and are not entirely ​sure
about the ID. For the most part, it looks like what we've been calling a
"Chocolate Morph" Red-tailed Hawk, with a rufous head and breast and dark
brown belly. In this case however, the bird has a very white tail. Sure
wish the picture was better, but it was quite far from the car:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/42693729@N04/32659663874/in/dateposted-ff/

In other area news, we saw Long-billed Curlews in three places in Morrow
and Umatilla Counties over the last three days: Umatilla NWR, Yellowjacket
Rd near Pilot Rock, and Stanfield/Echo area. A single Black-necked Stilt
was at the Stanfield Meadows/Echo Meadows intersection. Spring has arrived!

Bill Bradford & Lora Minty

Join us on Facebook!