Date: 3/17/17 7:34 pm
From: Winger and June West <westw...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Scissor-tailed Flycatcher
Peter Smithson and I went to the ball field at 3rd Street in Ocean City at about 7:30 this morning and waited for a half hour, no STFL. So we went over to the Inlet and met up with Jim Stasz and Ed Boyd and birded there for about an hour. We then headed back to 3rd Street. At about 9 AM, we saw a bird come flying out of the extreme east end of the ball field and fly south down St. Louis Avenue. I yelled Scissor-tailed Flycatcher and Peter agreed. A few moments later, a Parks and Rec employee who has seen the STFL numerous times, came running over and said, “Did you see the flycatcher fly over head and go down the street (St Louis Avenue)?” So, it’s still around.

We waited around off and on until about 1 PM to see it again, but we never did see it again.

Winger West
Millersville, MD
<westw...>