Date: 3/17/17 5:56 pm
From: 'Derek and Jeannette Lovitch' via Maine birds <maine-birds...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] This Week's Highlights and New Arrivals, 3/11-3/17
Hi all,
Although a nice pulse of Hooded Mergansers, American Goldfinches, and Song Sparrows, along with a few more Red-winged Blackbirds and Common Grackles was evident this week, the cold weather and snowstorm slowed down the pace of migration considerably. My personal highlights and "FOYs" of the week were therefore limited to:
- 18 Lesser Scaup, Mere Point Boat Launch, Brunswick, 3/12.
- 1 Fox Sparrow (FOY), our yard in Pownal, 3/14.
- 1 Red-shouldered Hawk (FOY), Bradbury Mountain Spring Hawkwatch, 3/15.
- 64 BOHEMIAN WAXWINGS, here at the store, 3/16.

-Derek

Derek and Jeannette Lovitch
Freeport Wild Bird Supply
541 Route One, Suite 10