Date: 3/17/17 5:01 pm
From: Ryan Maclean via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Westport Rare Geese: NO but other goodies / Audubon Trip Sunday
Spent the morning in Westport/Southport hoping to stake out the
Ross's/Pink-Footed Geese for our upcoming trip for Audubon Greenwich this
Sunday in Westport, but unfortunately neither of them materialized in the
many flocks of Canadas.

There were however some notable birds around the Westport/Southport Area
including:

- 2 drake NORTHERN PINTAIL in the creek across from Southport Beach
- Multiple GREEN-WINGED TEAL in Grey's Creek + Sherwood Island
- 1 WILSON'S SNIPE in the wet areas in the Nyala Farms field
- 4 FOX SPARROWS around the Sherwood island SP feeders
- Many KILLDEER (Grey's Creek, Sherwood, Burying Hill, Nyala)

For those who may be interested, Stefan Martin and I will be leading
Audubon Greenwich's trip to Sherwood Island State Park this Sunday March
19th. We'll be meeting at the Sherwood Island Pavilion Parking Lot at 9 AM
and birding the park + other local areas (Burying Hill/Southport/Nyala
Farm) in search of migrant waterfowl / other March specialties. There's no
charge for the walk but RSVP is required to me so feel free to email me
here or call me at (914) 417-5234 if you'd like to come. Even if you can't
make this trip, Stefan and I will be leading other walks as part of Audubon
Greenwich's revamped Quaker Ridge Bird Club this year so check out the full
events calendar:
http://greenwich.audubon.org/events

Ryan MacLean
Greenwich CT