Date: 3/17/17 3:09 pm
From: 'Derek and Jeannette Lovitch' via Maine birds <maine-birds...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Fw: Bradbury Mountain State Park (17 Mar 2017) 8 Raptors
Bradbury Mountain State Park

Pownal, Maine, USA

| Daily Raptor Counts: Mar 17, 2017 |
| Species | Day's Count | Month Total | Season Total |
| Black Vulture | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Turkey Vulture | 0 | 7 | 7 |
| Osprey | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Bald Eagle | 4 | 18 | 18 |
| Northern Harrier | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Sharp-shinned Hawk | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Cooper's Hawk | 0 | 1 | 1 |
| Northern Goshawk | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Red-shouldered Hawk | 2 | 5 | 5 |
| Broad-winged Hawk | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Red-tailed Hawk | 2 | 8 | 8 |
| Rough-legged Hawk | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Golden Eagle | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| American Kestrel | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Merlin | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Peregrine Falcon | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Unknown Accipiter | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Unknown Buteo | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Unknown Falcon | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Unknown Eagle | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Unknown Raptor | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Total: | 8 | 39 | 39 |

| Observation start time: | 08:00:00 |
| Observation end time: | 16:00:00 |
| Total observation time: | 8 hours |
| Official Counter | Zane Baker |
| Observers: | Derek Lovitch, Tom Downing |

Visitors:
13 people visited the Hawkwatch.

Weather:
Winds were light and variable throughout the day. Temperatures struggled tobreak the freezing mark. Few clouds with abundant sunshine made for apleasant day.Heat shimmer was present for the entirety of the count but overallvisibility was good.

Raptor Observations:
A great day for hawk watching but a poor day for counting migrants. BaldEagles stole the show today. Multiple birds were spotted soaring togetherover an area to our southwest. Presumably there is a source of food nearby.Potential migrants turned on a dime to investigate, making it difficult todecipher between migrant and non-migrant.

Non-raptor Observations:
16 species of birds were heard or seen from the summit.A slow day for Passerine movement.3 American Robins were seen traveling northbound.35 European Starlings were moving southbound.

Predictions:
Tomorrow's weather is looking like it could be similar to today. Sunny witha few clouds, and temperatures which could be slightly warmer in the 30's.Winds are predicted to be variable. I'm hopeful to see some restless birdspushing forward.

Report submitted by Jeannette Lovitch (<freeportwildbird...>)
Bradbury Mountain State Park information may be found at: www.freeportwildbirdsupply.com/hawkwatch.asp