Date: 3/17/17 1:53 pm
From: Marcia Balestri <mebalestri...>
Subject: [MDBirding] No more Rock Wrens I guess
I stopped by Sunset Park this afternoon, and there was a landscape company deployed in the vacant lot next to the park. I spoke briefly to the head guy about what was going on, and he said they were just hired to remove all the bushes and dig up and remove all the big rocks. He either didn’t know or wouldn’t tell me what the plans are for that lot, but I talked to the guys from OC Recreation who were parked in the Sunset Park. They said they heard 2 different rumors; one that there was a shopping area going in, the other that it was going to be a hotel. Seems too small a lot for a hotel, but who knows?

On a better note, the 2 Razorbills are still at the inlet, one pretty close in, the other at the end of South Jetty. On a not better note, no sign of the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher. I think it headed for warmer climes.

Marcia Balestri
Worcester County, Maryland
<mebalestri...>

“...ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." Charles Darwin, 1871