Date: 3/17/17 1:49 pm
From: Barry E. Blust <barryblust...>
Subject: Northern Shrike-Chester County
Yesterday an immature Northern Shrike was observed at Exton Park by multiple
birders. It appeared to be the same bird as reported in eBird back on 02/25
and not seen/reported again until yesterday. The bird was still present
this morning making an appearance for 5 to 20 minutes or so and then
disappearing into a tangle somewhere for a half hour or more. Although I've
seen Northern Shrikes multiple times this is the first time I've heard one
singing and calling.

Here's some links for eBird lists with photos (and a recording) of this bird
http://ebird.org/ebird/pa/view/checklist/S35232824 has a short recording

Barry E. Blust
21 Rabbit Run Lane
Glenmoore, PA
Upper Uwchlan Township, Chester County
<BarryBlust...>

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to
everything else in the Universe."
-- John Muir

Join us on Facebook!