Date: 3/17/17 9:14 am
From: ARLENE KOZIOL <arlenekoziol...>
Subject: [wisb] Sandhill Cranes on Ice
March 16.While photographing and observing the waterfowl at Madison Audubon Goose Pond Sanctuary in Arlington. I heard two Sandhill Cranes on the opposite side of the pond. I could see that they were mating which was a first behavior for me to witness. Shortly afterwards, they flew to the side of Goose Pond where I was photographing. The light was perfect, the blue and grey textured ice made a perfect background for the cranes. The cranes foraged a bit. Then they took off taking a long run on the ice. A simple behavior, but oh so beautiful.
Arlene Koziol, Madison

Below is a link to my pictures

Sandhill Cranes On Ice, MAS Goose Pond | Flickr