Date: 3/17/17 8:41 am
From: Lois E. Chaplin <lec4...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Woodcock?
I was out on snowshoes in my backyard around 7:30 last night (dusk). I was going down towards the stream when a bird in flight caught my eye. It was headed up the stream bed and it landed out of sight near the stream. It made no noise - neither vocalizations nor wing noise. It appeared to be football-shaped and not a very big bird (large robinesque). There is nearby a known habit for Woodcock and I'm thinking that's what it might have been. Any other thoughts for me to consider?

Lois Chaplin
Beam HIll

ARCHIVES:

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/