Date: 3/16/17 6:28 pm
From: George Roussey <groussey...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Woodcock - Fox Sparrow
I saw the posts about woodcock that have been reported. Last night at dusk
I saw a stocky bird flying over Lincoln Blvd in Middlesex that was flying
like a woodcock but I figured how could that be. My friend in Piscataway
called me today saying she had two short legged birds with long beaks
walking around her driveway and road. She got very close to them (within 10
feet) so when I told her to look up a Woodcock on the internet she
confirmed. Thius it seems the storm dumped them at very odd locations. I
also had my first ever Fox Sparrow in my yard in Piscataway yesterday
feeding on my seed in keeping with everyone elses reports of them. During
the storm I had 25 goldfinch fighting over 14 feeded spots and about 60
Juncos.

George Roussey
Piscataway

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>