Date: 3/16/17 4:45 pm
From: 'Molly Jacobson' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Bald Eagle, Turkey Vulture, Ducks - Horseshoe Pond Merrimack
It was a bit warmer and less windy so I was able to stop back at Horseshoe Pond today. Most of the pond was frozen over but there were a handful of ring-necked ducks and wood ducks in the small patch of open water near the marshy area. An adult bald eagle flew over, and a turkey vulture later as I was leaving. Also had a very cooperative Carolina wren which let me get a great look at it, and hopped across the road only a few feet in front of me to perch on a branch on the other side. The red-winged blackbirds and grackles are back in full force as well. -Molly JacobsonMerrimack