Date: 3/16/17 3:20 pm
From: Michael Hobbs <birdmarymoor...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co.) 2017-03-16
Tweets – we were a bit impatient for spring today, I think. It was breezy, but pretty warm (40’s) and SUNNY, and we wanted spring birds NOW. We only got a couple. But a pretty nice day anyway.

Highlights:

Trumpeter Swan Matt heard some pre-dawn, then we saw 7 silent swans fly overhead
Anna’s Hummingbird Female on nest at Rowing Club, males displaying
Short-eared Owl One flying the East Meadow just after 6:30am
- 4 woodpeckers - Missing Hairy
Northern Shrike Nice looks, East Meadow
Tree Swallow ~10, very actively making claims on nest boxes
Violet-green Swallow 50-60. First of spring
“Slate-colored” Junco 1 along slough
Y.-rumped Warbler Several, including singing male “Audubon’s”
W. Meadowlark A half dozen west edge of Fields 7-8-9

We searched for, and were unhappy that we didn’t find, Rufous Hummingbird, Say’s Phoebe, or Mountain Bluebird. Next week. They’ll be back next week. Count on it!

For the day, 54 species.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== <BirdMarymoor...>