Date: 3/16/17 2:26 pm
From: <krschwa1...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Oppose Crippling Cuts that Endanger Birds.
You can help save funding for our birds. See below.
Kurt Schwarz, Conservation Chair, Maryland Ornithological Society,
<krschwa1...>
The White House has just released a budget proposal that would put
America’s birds on the chopping block.

National Audubon Society

ACTION ALERT

Tell Congress to block conservation cuts

Take Action

Roseate Spoonbills.

Roseate Spoonbills.

Dear Kurt,

The White House has just released a budget proposal that would put
America’s birds on the chopping block. This proposal would mean
crippling reductions to our nation’s most important conservation
initiatives, many of which support Audubon’s efforts to protect
birds and the places they need.

Please write to your members of Congress now and ask them to oppose
these draconian cuts that would affect all Americans and endanger
birds across the United States.

Our country has a proud conservation legacy. Yet millions of birders
and outdoor lovers stand to lose their opportunity to pass on our
shared natural heritage to their kids and grandkids if such a severe
proposal is implemented. It would eliminate ecosystem restoration
programs, cut the Environmental Protection Agency by 31%, and slash
hundreds of millions of dollars at the Department of the Interior and
NOAA that invested locally – from neighborhood parks to iconic
landscapes. This would be a death sentence for America’s long
bipartisan legacy of protecting our cherished natural places and the
birds and other wildlife that depend on them.

Conservation programs help protect local parks, wild places, and
Important Bird Areas. They support collaboration to improve habitat
for birds on working lands, and large-scale efforts to restore
treasured ecosystems like the Great Lakes and the Gulf of Mexico. From
the Bald Eagle to the Red-cockaded Woodpecker and the Snowy Plover,
hundreds of species will be at risk with cuts to programs that protect
habitat, restore our coasts, and advance clean energy.

Take action now by writing to your U.S. senators and representatives
to strongly encourage them to reject these cuts, and instead fully
support our conservation legacy.

Sincerely,

David Yarnold

CEO and President
National Audubon Society

Photo: Cynthia Hansen/Audubon Photography Awards

Take Action

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

National Audubon Society, 225 Varick Street, New York, NY 10014 USA
(844) 428-3826 audubon.org

© 2017 National Audubon Society, Inc.

unsubscribe

[IMAGE]

Group 'Maryland & DC Birding'.
To view group guidelines or change email preferences, visit this group
on the web at http://www.mdbirding.com
Unfamiliar with a hotspot mentioned on this list? Quickly locate it
here - http://www.mdbirding.com/hotspot.html

Join us on Facebook!