Date: 3/16/17 1:53 pm
From: <whimbrelbirders...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Bird id help
Today at 11:40 AM I saw a bird about the size of a kingbird in Barrington Hills (on a 15 mile an hour road) fly over our car at about 25 feet away. The bird had yellow underside and slate gray upper parts (those are all of the field marks I noted). It was not a meadowlark because it did not have any black on the throat, the flight pattern was not right, and it had a slate gray back. It seemed quite close to a Western/Couch's/Cassin's/Tropical/Thick-billed Kingbird although that would be very unlikely and out of season.

Thanks,
Oliver Burrus
Birding incidentally in Cook co.

Join us on Facebook!