Date: 3/16/17 1:24 pm
From: Stacy Clanton <sclanton...>
Subject: "Sullivan" Brown Thrasher
We have been seeing a brown thrasher with an eye problem. The right eye seems to be missing, and in its place there appears to be a growth of some kind. It at first appeared to be white, but when the bird came to a suet feeder (a strange behavior for a brown thrasher) which was near a window, I saw that the growth was (or is now) greyish brown and quite lumpy. The bird seems to get along-we often see him or her under a worm feeder, and the bird doesn't seem to be wasting away. The bird doesn't move as much I think of thrashers doing, however.

Any ideas what this could be?

Oh, and "Sullivan"? On a trip to Ireland this summer, we learned that the name may (or may not) mean "one-eye."

Stacy Clanton
Northeast corner of Magnolia

Join us on Facebook!