Date: 3/16/17 12:34 pm
From: Hendrik Herlyn <hhactitis...>
Subject: [obol] Philomath Sewage Ponds yesterday - Say's Phoebe, Barn Swallow, grebes
Howdy folks,

Some of this has already been reported, my apologies for the redundancy!

I paid a repeat visit to the Philomath Sewage Ponds yesterday late
afternoon, hoping to catch the SAY'S PHOEBE I missed earlier. The phoebe
was easily found along the N end of the western fence, flycatching around
the irrigiation equipment.

Waterfowl of note included the previously reported 3 WESTERN GREBES and 1
EARED GREBE (the HORNED GREBE was present around noon, but could not be
refound by several observers later in the day), plus a well-observed pair
of GREATER SCAUP on the C pond. 3 WOOD DUCKS were in the puddle at the edge
of the forest SW of the ponds.

Among the numerous TREE and VIOLET-GREEN SWALLOWS that swirled over the
ponds, I was able to pick out my FOY BARN SWALLOW.

Full list and pics here: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S35205962

Happy spring migration (it has certainly started!)

Hendrik

--
Hendrik G. Herlyn