Date: 3/16/17 9:25 am
From: Paul Roisen <roisenp1950...>
Subject: [ia-bird] IMPORTANT!! Natural Resources & Outdoor Recreation Trust Fund (NOT a sighting)
Please get involved!

The IOU invested $5000 several years ago to help get this started. We
cannot let this opportunity get away from us. The future of Iowa water and
land depends on this tax that will allow us to begin this great works.

We have some exciting news to share -- today a bill to finally fund the
Natural Resources & Outdoor Recreation Trust Fund was officially introduced
in the Iowa House of Representatives!

We have been waiting for this moment for more than six years since the
Trust Fund was created with support from 63% of Iowa voters in 2010. The
bill -- the "WISE (Water, Infrastructure, Soil for our Economy) Solution"--
will fund the Trust and finally fulfill the will of the voters.

*Help us get the WISE Solution signed into law. Share the graphic below on
social media to help spread the word.*
<http://metrics.mmailhost.com/?r=MTAwMg0KSjM4MTgxMi1UU01JQS0xLTYtDQoxMTE2MDQ4DQoxOTEwMDAwMDY3YTllNWENCmh0dHA6Ly93d3cuaW93YXN3YXRlcmFuZGxhbmRsZWdhY3kub3JnL3dpc2Utc29sdXRpb24vI3NoYXJlDQp0cnVlDQpyb2lzZW5wMTk1MEBnbWFpbC5jb20%3d>
<http://iowaswaterandlandlegacy.org/wise-solution#share>

<http://metrics.mmailhost.com/?r=MTAwMg0KSjM4MTgxMi1UU01JQS0xLTYtDQoxMTE2MDQ4DQoxOTEwMDAwMDY3YTllNWENCmh0dHA6Ly93d3cuaW93YXN3YXRlcmFuZGxhbmRsZWdhY3kub3JnL3dpc2Utc29sdXRpb24vI3NoYXJlDQp0cnVlDQpyb2lzZW5wMTk1MEBnbWFpbC5jb20%3d>
<http://iowaswaterandlandlegacy.org/wise-solution#share>
<http://iowaswaterandlandlegacy.org/wise-solution#share>

As you probably know, the Trust Fund remains empty because it requires a
sales tax increase for funding. Well, the WISE solution is a
revenue-neutral bill that increases the sales tax over three years by 1/8th
of a cent each year, while lowering the state income tax by an equal
amount. And the bill guarantees that at least 60% of the funding must be
dedicated towards the Nutrient Reduction Strategy outlined by the experts
as the best solution to cleaning up our waterways.

Talk to your legislator and ask that he or she support the WISE Solution. We
are closer than ever to finally funding the trust fund that was created six
years ago, so let's keep up the incredible momentum!

-- Iowa's Water and Land Legacy

P.S. -- As of today we have 126 county supervisors, Republicans and
Democrats, from across Iowa who have officially endorsed funding the trust
fund -- the momentum continues!

God Bless,
*Paul O. Roisen*
*Woodbury County, IA*