Date: 3/16/17 8:18 am
From: <5hats...>
Subject: [obol] Columbia scaup

In the times I have checked scaup flocks resting on the Columbia I have never done percentage counts, but neither have I had difficulty finding Greaters, often in large numbers. Speaking of scaup, on our trip up the Columbia on March 8 we saw almost no ducks of any kind from Troutdale to Umatilla. It just seemed like ducks were almost completely absent. On the return trip March 14 we noted good sized flocks on the river between the Oregon border and Hat Rock State Park in Umatilla County. It seems odd that there were so few in the lower Columbia and so many there.

Darrel

Join us on Facebook!