Date: 3/16/17 7:16 am
From: Ida Giriunas <ida8...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Greedy robin
I have a male robin who has taken over my feeding stations and bird bath.
He fights off cardinals, sparrows, downy, hairy and red-bellied woodpeckers
along with any other robin who appears. He actually has had drag-out fights
with it. He ignores Mourning doves. He is on guard duty most of the day and
has been around most of the winter..I think he is mainly attracted to my
"peanut-butter log" which he has managed to get at in spite of having no
perches on the log.He also likes raisins which I have put out for him and he
won't let any bird get at those, either.

Interesting.

Ida Giriunas

Reading, MA

Join us on Facebook!