Date: 3/16/17 3:58 am
From: Allen Gathman <agathman...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Alexander County spring bird count May 6
Saturday, May 6, 2017: Save the date!

This will be my fourth year as compiler for the Alexander County Spring
Bird Count (SBC). As many of you know, the Spring Bird Counts are run by
the Illinois Natural History Survey (INHS), and have been conducted
statewide since 1970. Each county has a compiler who recruits observers
and assigns them to territories in the county. The data are compiled by
the INHS and made available publicly. It is increasingly important to
document the diversity of the ecosystems in this county now, as IDOT is
still considering the possibility of a new major highway across it (the
“Shawnee Parkway” study).

Last year we had 8 birders to cover 250 square miles, so we can definitely
use a few new people. If you're available, please contact me.

Thanks,

Allen Gathman

Join us on Facebook!