Date: 3/15/17 6:50 pm
From: Alice Horst <ahorst...>
Subject: [BRDBRAIN] Bald Eagle's nest at Nichol's Cemetery, Sumter County
I checked the Bald Eagle’s nest at Nichol’s Cemetery today. I only saw 1 Eaglet in the nest although I saw and photographed 2 in the nest a couple of weeks ago. Some greenery is hanging in front of the nest that makes it impossible to see in the entire nest from the road. The second Eaglet could have been in the nest and just wasn’t visible. I don’t know more than that at this point. I did see an adult flying towards the nest as i was leaving.
The interesting thing about these adults is that they will not come into the nest while my car is there. Although my car is quite a distant from this nest the adults always seem to know when I am watching them. These pictures are taken with telephoto quite far away.

Eaglet flapping in the nest.

Greenery in front of nest prevents total visibility of nest.

Every day is a GREAT day to go birding.
Alice Horst, Marion County Fl.
<ahorst...>

please visit us on the web at: