Date: 3/15/17 6:14 pm
From: David Brown <davidebrownpa...>
Subject: Yellow-headed Blackbird, Lycoming County
Photos of an adult male *Yellow-headed Blackbird* were posted to the
Lycoming Audubon Society Facebook Group early this afternoon. They were
taken this morning by Mark Hull at his bird feeders on Broad St in
Montgomery (Lycoming County).

Several of us went out searching and the bird was relocated this evening by
Andy Keister in a mixed flock of many thousand blackbirds in the trees just
off of River Road (see eBird checklist for exact pin). This location is
extremely close to the county line with Northumberland County but from what
we can tell from maps the bird was in Lycoming County. River Road is the
best spot to view those trees. You can't really pull off the road because
of all the snow but the road is not very busy.

We haven't set up permission with any land owners but we talked to a lady
from the house at the bend in the road to explain what we were looking at,
so use common sense if you try to chase. Apparently large blackbird flocks
have been seen there over the past few weeks but how far the yellow-headed
blackbird will wander around we don't know.

eBird checklist with photos:

David Brown
Lycoming County
http://www.lycobirds.com/