Date: 3/15/17 5:21 pm
From: Anders Peltomaa <anders.peltomaa...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Ramble, Central Park NYC: Baker's Dozen of American Woodcocks
Hi all,
Between 6:20 and 7:15pm I rallied around the Ramble and found THIRTEEN
Woodcocks:
2 in the stream from Azalea to Oven,
5 in the Oven (thanks to Ed Gaillard for the tip of those two locations),
1 by rustic bridge where the Gill flows into Lake,
1 in the Upper Lobe,
4 by Triplets Bridge.

Woodcock BONANZA for a birder, not sure how good they themselves were
feeling...

My wife and I saw another one in our backyard earlier in the day, of which
I got a photo:

https://flic.kr/p/SMM8ua

good birding,

Anders Peltomaa
Manhattan

PS. Debra Kriensky of NYC Audubon wrote on Facebook: "Between the Wild
Bird Fund, D-Bird, and calls to NYC Audubon, there were about 30 injured or
dead just today (that we know about). We've never seen anything like this!
Please be on the lookout this week for ones that might be injured and in
need of rehab/rescue!"

A friend that volunteers at WBF gave me tips on how to take care of injured
Woodcocks. Basically, if you see one that doesn't look so great please
place it in a paper bag and bring them to the Center. Also, punch a couple
of holes in the bag, and if possible, add terry cloth for perching. With
such big birds, a big box is also suitable."

ARCHIVES:
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/