Date: 3/15/17 4:02 pm
From: Dan Haas <nervousbirds...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Observations from the winter event of 2017
Reporting from lovely Coastal / Central AA County, I can summarize this
recent weather in just 5 species. Birding from my regular spots between
Sandy Point SP, and my neighborhood in Amberley (St. Margaret's), I noted
the following arrivals:

-Killdeer: Hundreds, everywhere. Even foraging under the pines at Sandy
Point.

-Fox Sparrows: Dozens, at various spots. Seven at my feeder this AM.

-Rusty Blackbirds: Careful exact counts at all my stops that I'd put in the
dozens, but never quite enough.

-Bonaparte's Gulls: My first of 2017 from Sandy Point. This species was
absent from the central bay all winter, which is out of the norm, from my
experience.

-American Pipits: Hundreds! Sandy Point was loaded with them yesterday, and
the field at the entrance of my community had a flock I'd conservatively
estimate at 80-100 birds this afternoon.

Good Birding,

Dan Haas
St. Margaret's, MD